…Watched the Olympic trials for gymnastics
…went to my grandparents church⛪
…rode thirty-five miles on my bike 🚲 💓
…thought about the prequels (Star Wars) a lot.😞 The third movie is so sad.
…read 3 John 📑
I’m having a great time on vacation with my family. I miss my home, but these people are awesome. My family is great.
1. Candlelight – Relient K
2. Galaxies – Owl City
I’m thankful for the quiet moments during the day. I’m thankful for people who don’t drive me crazy. I’m thankful for cookies at just the right time. 🙂
Today has been such a fun day and I don’t even really know why. I am at church again and my whole day has been a mixture of working and four-square (a very fun game). Nothing new has happened, and yet I’ve had fun today just hanging out with my family and some friends of our family who are almost like family because I’ve known them for so long.
It’s fun being around everyone because as we work we all talk about random things, listen to music we all enjoy, and laugh (a ton of laughing). Earlier today I took these pictures of the church.
☺ I’ve been going to this church for so long that it feels like a second home.
But the best part of the day was this morning while I played my ukulele. It was so relaxing to just sit there before my long day and relax.
Times are crazy right now. VBS is imminent and, though everything is coming together (i.e the play and the decorations), there is still so much to do. In a little while my family and I are going to church to eat breakfast with some decorating friends 🙂 and start work. Then, at noon, we have play practice until about two. After play practice we’ll leave and come back around 8 for youth group which lasts until 10. Ugh! Another tiring day is upon me, but I know it’s going to be fun. 🙂
The point is, because the next few weeks of my life are going to be ridiculously crazy I am going to try and do very simple posts. I have a few ideas:
- One Little Thing – A post about one tiny thing that I noticed/liked/hated
- Favorite songs – A post about one favorite song of mine, why I like it and what it’s about
- I’m thankful for… – three or so things that I’m thankful for that day
That’s about the extent of my ideas. If you like any of them please let me know.
There are a few things that I am looking forward to in the near future:
- Almond Butter – I convinced my mom to buy almond butter at the store today! I have wanted to the try it out for a while now and I finally get to. I am really looking forward to finding some fun ways to eat it. All this week I’ll be putting it on my apples, in my smoothies, on crackers, on toast, and so much more! I hope it tastes good. I actually haven’t tried it yet.
- Testing – Yes, I know this sounds strange, but I love testing. 🙂 It has always been a fun experience for me. My family and I (we’re homeschooled) take our tests at our church. It’s really fun because we are the only ones there and during the break we get to go outside and run around. We also bring cool snacks (almond butter!).
- Arthur – My siblings and I have been watching all the old episodes of Arthur. I love Arthur and my love for it never grows any weaker. That show is great!
There are also somethings that I’m not looking forward to.
- Summer break – I think this is mostly because I will still be doing a lot of school and because everything seems to stop during the summer. A lot of fun stuff goes on in summer, but not a lot of it happens regularly.
- Running out of almond butter – Because it will happen… 😦
See you tomorrow world!
I’ve really learned a big lesson over the past week that I really want to share. I guess I’ve learned it before, or maybe it was just head knowledge, because now I’m implementing it. I’m actually changing! And that’s exciting.
I learned two things last week on Sunday.
1. I am so conceited
2. I can only change that by actively deciding not to be conceited anymore.
It might seem simple, but it’s really not. I’ve tried before to stop being so selfish, conceited, and mean towards those I love, but it’s never worked. This time it’s different. I think the difference came when I realized that I don’t think of others like I should. It’s very embarrassing to say that I sometimes think of others in terms of what they can do for me. Once I realized this, and wanted to change that, I learned that I can only do this by making a conscious decision to change and implement those changes.
It’s been really hard to change who I am, but I’m struggling along slowly. I’ve made some mistakes, but I’ve also had some pretty great days that remind me that I can do it. Ultimately, I know that it is God who has helped me to change in the small ways that I have. I’m so glad that he’s forgiven my many flaws time and again.
Conceit is a hard habit to break, but little by little God is showing me that selflessness and loving others is much more satisfying than pleasing myself.
Here’s to change (and short blog posts),