Today was a day full of hard work, lots of running about, soccer games, and not much time for anything else. Yet here I am. It’s 9:30 pm and I would really rather be sleeping.
Music is amazing
Not all music, but some of it.
I love music because it can convey a message in the subtlest of ways. It can speak to us in ways that no other form of art can. I love how the lyrics and music can combine to create something that can be so beautiful. 🙂 Music is amazing. Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order):
- Kitchen Sink by Twenty One Pilots: First off, Twenty One Pilots is an amazing band. Their lyrics are meaningful, insightful, and truly thought provoking, In addition to this the actual music matches what they are trying to say. I can’t say this for many other bands, but they truly have taught me so much and inspired me. This song, Kitchen Sink, is one that really inspired me to create art and not be afraid if its good or not.
- Love At the End by John Mark Macmillan: I love, love, love JMM’s music. It is probably, no joke, some of the best music in the Christian genre today. His music is… absolutely beautiful. This song is one of especial favorites. It’s just beautiful. Everything about this song is lovely.
- Hold What You Can by Amy Stroup: I think I found Amy Stroup on Pandora, where I heard her song Versailles. I immediately listened through her newest album, Tunnel, about fifty million times for two or three weeks straight. 🙂 Suffice it to say, beautiful album. This song has to be my favorite on the album. The imagery that the lyrics convey and the way that the music seems to be carrying you on a cloud is all delightful and lovely. Great song.
- I Know You Will by JJ Heller: It is really hard to pick just one of JJ Heller’s songs for this list, because all of her music is so pretty! I love this song because it has a beautiful message (all of her songs do!) and is so relaxing and reassuring. (Other great JJ Heller songs: Daydream, I Dream of You, Until You Came Along).
- I Will Follow You Into the Dark, by Death Cab for Cutie: I know, I know, I’ve already mentioned this song, but it really is a sweet one!
- Sleeping Beauty Waltz by Tchaikovsky: I love classical music, especially waltzes. This a good, classic waltz that I have really enjoyed listening to.
- The Second Waltz by Dmitri Shostakovich: I am very tired, so this will be short, but this may be my favorite waltz of all time!
That is it for tonight! I know this is really late but, hey, it’s only 10:15 pm! XD